100 years ago the febi brand was officially registered in Germany, beginning the company’s long success story. Here, febi has highlighted a little bit about its history:
In 1921, the patented “febi spring bolt” is presented at the German motor show in Berlin, a key move in the development from a manufacturer of screws and bolts to one in the emerging automotive industry.
The febi name is trademarked, this is the official starting point of a remarkable success story.
In addition to a range of parts for cars and motorcycles, febi begins to produce truck parts including spring bolt sets, axle bolts and wheel bolts. A training workshop is also established, allowing the training of specialists. By the end of the 1950s, febi is now known as an original equipment manufacturer.
CNC technology is introduced leading to more complex pieces to be produced. In addition, a separate programming department is set up and now quality control is computer-verified.
febi Präzisiontechnik is a supplier for the automotive industry and its own spare parts segment. In addition, precision parts are manufactured for selected industrial customers. Continuous expansion of production capacities and manufacturing competencies. These include turning, milling, drilling, hardening, grinding and assembly. This is also when the current febi logo was introduced!
The bilstein group umbrella is introduced, keeping the Blue Print, febi and Swag brands under one roof for the first time!
After only two years of construction, the new febi logistics centre opened in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.
100 years later and the febi brand continues to grow, with new ranges added every year for both cars and commercial vehicles. Now with over 34,000 parts available in 22 different subsidiaries, febi continues to be a leader in the independent aftermarket.